Most visitors to New Orleans know that it isn’t hard to find a great cocktail in the city, but most don’t know that it is possible to find cocktails for $2 or less, even at some of the fanciest establishments in NOLA. Of course, almost all of these require enjoying a lunch with your drinks, but many of the lunches are surprisingly inexpensive as well. A motivated day drinker can find themselves full and disoriented for under $20.
Here is a list of places in NOLA where you can get lunch cocktails for $2 or less.
- Ralph’s on the Park supposedly offers non-published 10 cent martinis at weekday lunches.
- Mr. B’s Bistro offers $1.50 Bloody Marys and Martinis available with the purchase of a lunch entrée.
- Josephine Estelle in the Ace Hotel offers a lunch menu with $1 drinks including Manhattan, Daiquiri, Americano, Wine Spritz, or Martini.
- Antoine’s offers 25 cent cocktails with lunch.
- Commander’s Palace offers weekday lunch Martinis at 25 cents, although the dress code requests gentlemen wear a jacket.
- Cafe Adelaide & the Swizzle Stick Bar offers the Classic Martini, Adelaide’s Appletini, Cosmopolitan, and Commander’s Martini at 25 cents.
- The Grill Room offers $2 martinis made with Tito’s Vodka or Plymouth Gin, Monday through Saturday.
- Apolline offers $2 happy hour mimosa’s at the bar.
- SoBou (South of Bourbon Street) offers Vodka or Gin martini, Pink gin, Commander’s Palace cha cha, and Pink elephants on parade, each at 25 cents.
- Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse offers $1 martinis, but only from 11:30 to 2:30 p.m. on Fridays.